For any questions, concerns, multiple item orders and/or page reproductions, please email email@example.com.
Terms and Conditions of Use
- The images and information on this site are the property of The Free Press Limited ("The Winnipeg Free
Press") and copyright in this site and in the images belongs to and remains with The Winnipeg Free Press at
all times. The images can be either purchased for personal, non-commercial use only ("Print Image") or can
be licensed to you for various specific uses ("Licensed Material").
- If you wish only to purchase a Print Image, you do not need to become a registered user. You need only
select the desired Print Image and place an order online using a credit card. Please note that by purchasing
the Print Image, you agree that you will use it only for your personal, non-commercial use, that you will not
reproduce, copy, distribute, or transmit it in any way, and that you will not use it any way that is derogatory,
defamatory, offensive, in violation of any law or that infringes any right of privacy or publicity of any
- If you wish to purchase a Print Image or acquire certain licensed rights to Licensed Material available on
this site, such purchase or use is subject to these terms and conditions and your use of this site indicates your
agreement to these terms and conditions. If your actions are on behalf of your employer or other third party,
than all terms and conditions apply to you and your employer and/or any other third party whosoever.
- To download Licensed Material, you must become a registered user. By obtaining and using a login and
password to access images on this site, you are entering into a binding agreement with The Winnipeg Free
Press and these terms and conditions apply to your use of the Licensed Material.
- When you select Licensed Material to download, The Winnipeg Free Press is granting you a nonexclusive,
nontransferable, non sublicensable licence to use the Licensed Material, subject to these terms and conditions
and subject to any restrictions of use specified on this site, as indicated in a Rights-Managed Licence
Agreement, which restrictions shall also appear on the invoice provided to you. The Rights-Managed
Licence Agreement and invoice may include, without limitation, the Licensed Material selected, any
limitations on the license in addition to those specified herein and the price for the licence of the Licensed
- The Winnipeg Free Press does not offer any kill fees or refunds on Licensed Material ordered After
release of the Licensed Material to you, all fees on the invoice must be paid in full whether the Licensed
Material is used or not.
- A nonexclusive, nontransferable, non sublicensable licence only is granted to use the Licensed Material
for the use specified on the site and on the invoice and for no other purpose. You do not acquire any right,
title or interest in or to the Licensed Material and you will not make, authorize or permit any use of the
Licensed Material, other than as specified therein.
- The Licensed Material may not be digitally stored, altered, transmitted or reproduced in any form, except
as specifically licensed.
- At no time may the Licensed Material be used for any advertising or promotional purposes without written
permission from The Winnipeg Free Press.
- Full credit and copyright information must remain with the Licensed Material and all uses of the
Licensed Material must indicate the following credit: The Winnipeg Free Press/[name of photographer]
- You may not sell, rent, lend, sublicense, or otherwise transfer any Licensed Material or the right to use or
reproduce the Licensed Material.
- The Licensed Material may not be used for any pornographic, libelous, defamatory or other unlawful
purpose, or as a trademark.
- Note that no model releases or other releases exist with respect to any Licensed Material and you are
solely responsible for obtaining same. The Winnipeg Free Press gives no rights or warranties with respect to
the use of names, people, products, trademarks, or works of art depicted in the Licensed Material and you
must satisfy yourself that all necessary rights, consents or permission as may be required for reproduction are
obtained. The license to use the Licensed Material is conditional in each case upon You obtaining all and any
- You agree to indemnify and hold harmless The Winnipeg Free Press and its directors, officers,
employees, parent, affiliates and subsidiaries from and against any losses, liabilities, damages or expenses of
any kind whatsoever which any such person may sustain or become subject to as a result of or arising
directly or indirectly from your use of the Licensed Material or Print Image, except in respect of any claims
relating to the copyright in the Licensed Material or the Print Image, from which The Winnipeg Free Press
shall indemnify and hold you harmless.
- These terms and conditions shall be governed by the laws of the Province of Manitoba and the laws of
Canada applicable therein.